Who we are:
Animal Vets is a trading name of Animal Veterinary Services Limited with company number 04504253 and registered in England at 18 Fore Street, Copperhouse, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4DY
Our privacy commitment:
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
Animal Vets may alter this policy from time to time, please check to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect:
• Name and address
• Contact information, including email address and phone number
• Pet details, including name, breed age and if relevant, any previous veterinary history
• Any pet insurance details
• Any other information which is reasonably required to carry out our service to you
When we may request this information:
• On initial registration
• Making an appointment
• Submitting an insurance claim for your pet
• At the request of a repeat prescription
• Registering for a health plan
• Sending an enquiry to us
• At any other time as reasonably required
Why we request this information:
In order to understand your needs and to enable us to provide a quality service, we need to collect and store personal information from you. We may collect data for the following reasons:
• To Treat your pet(s) and maintain accurate medical records
• To ensure that your pet’s healthcare is kept up to date by sending reminders for preventative treatment, via text or email
• We may also send you a Newsletter or inform you of any promotional offers that we feel you may benefit from
• To obtain any previous veterinary history from another practice
• To process insurance claims on your behalf
• To process payment for any services provided
Please note that you can manage the data we hold about you and the way in which we communicate with you using our Pet Portal. Registered clients can access the Pet Portal at https://animalvets.co.uk/pet-portal/ and register or login. If you are unable to use our Pet Portal, you can speak to our reception team who will update any details and communication preferences for you.
Social media and website
We may sometimes engage with you through social media channels.
• When we do so, we may see the personal information which you have shared with the social media platform, but we do not collect or store this information.
• If you communicate with us through a social media platform, for example Facebook messenger, we may retain your messages with the messaging platform for a reasonable period.
• If you publicly share any information with us through social media, please note that we are unable to control who sees that information.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your personal information with third parties to help us to provide our service to you. We do not sell or lease your data.
The following is a list of the types of organisation with whom we share your information:
• Law enforcement agencies if requested in order to prevent any unlawful activity
• Your pet’s insurance provider if applicable
• Pet microchipping companies
• Other veterinary practices including referral centres
• Our database provider, if necessary for resolving any technical issues
• Organisations which support us with the email or text communications we deliver to you
• Relevant drug companies may require pet information for statistical or technical enquiries
How long we keep your information
We store your personal information as long as reasonably required to provide our service to you.
• We shall hold your information whilst you are a registered client
• We shall continue to hold your personal information for a reasonable period even if you are no longer a client in order to comply with the requirements of our insurers and our professional regulator
We are fully committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place a suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedure to safeguard any information that we hold.
Controlling your personal information
You are able to choose and restrict the information that we hold or collect in a number of ways:
• You may contact us at any time by email or telephone and opt in or out of any of the facilities.
• You may tick the relevant box on any forms that you are requested to complete.
• You may access our Pet Portal at https://animalvets.co.uk/pet-portal/
You may request to see the details of any information that we hold about you at any time. If you would like a copy of this, or would like any of this information to be altered, then please contact Jonathan McCotter on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01736 755 555.